Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Boundaries and Subsets

This last week weve touched alot on about family dynamics, structures, systems and boundaries. There were many things I learnt and that stood out to me. 1st about how in our family systems we have subsets and how they relate and affect the family as a whole. I thought alot about my own family and how inasmuch as we are together we are greatly divided when it comes to the subsets hat exists. I feel it causes rifts within our family as a result of a lack of understanding and really working together as a family and relying on each individually. I loved the demostration Bro. Williams gave to us as she showed how he would work with a family. In regards to a problem in the family, instead of giving things for the mother to do for the daugher, who were closer and more involved than the father, he purposely recognizing the subset that existed gave the father things to do to help and assist the daughter. His intent being to diffuse the subset taht existed to change the behavior or lack of unity within the family. I also loved talking about boundaries. Boundaries is something that is very disfunctional within my own family. I feel we do not have much of any sort of clear boundaries. They are more a mixture of rigid and defuse than anything and it really effects the unity within our family and our personal relationships with eachother.  I feel I learned alot about how to set clearer boundaries that foster respect and trust for eachother that allows you to be free but at the same time a support and a guide to that other person within your family. I know as I try to be an example of proper boundaries I can help to encourage my family to implement clearer boundaries not only within our family but within their own families as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment